Re: [RC] mud and sand and stuff - Truman Prevatt

It is stories like this that make me happy that there is little clay in FL -that we can get 12 to 24 inches of rain in a hurricane and it's still sand and there is no mud - that I don't have to worry about mud sucking my boots off as used to happen as a boy in western Kentucky, except up there it was normally a lot colder than in GA ;-) .

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

but pushing the wheelbarrow

through > the wetstuff too.

You have 2 options. 1: lay down scrap boards in a line towards your manure pile. You can line up that wheel on your wheelbarrow and it's no problem. 2: Put it in a muck bucket and slide it over the mud. I like to tie a longer rope handle on mine so I'm not bent over in a weird position. The wet manure/bedding is heavy and that's rough on the back.

Important  note! NEVER try to run across deep mud fast in your mudboots.
If you're really moving on you'll end up standing in deep mud on one
foot, trying to keep your other sockfoot out of the mud, looking
hopelessly back at your other boot which is standing firmly in the mud
farther than you can reach behind you. With the foot you're standing on
so firmly stuck in the mud it's pretty easy to stay upright, which gives
you a long time to ponder the situation, yell for help and then listen to
them laugh as they see you finally give in and plant that foot in the
mud!

Angie

--

“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” Harry S. Truman