[RC] kineton noseband/severe bits - sherman

Jonni wrote:

"So, if all the training has
not worked, then why not look for a bit that the horse respects more? Just
because a horse is seen in a bit that many would feel is severe, does not
mean it is hurting the horse."

Before switching to a Little S hackamore so my horse could eat & drink easier, I used a medium port curb with a copper roller. You could see that Storm wanted to race by his body language, yet I did not have to pull on his mouth, I could ride with slight slack in the reins. It "looked" as though he was hard to control, but I only had to wiggle my pinkie finger to cue him. I never could have done this with a snaffle. He was very good with the Little S until just recently, now he's poking his nose out a bit to show annoyance at being rated. Back to the curb bit for a while, I guess.

Kathy
Grass Valley