Re: [RC] MUD!!!!! - heidi larson

Sundaez@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have french drains all over my proprerty and unfortunately they've become clogged with sandy debris from runoff from the hill above me.

This is why my husband was fanatical about the road building fabric, a layer wrapped around the whole drain, inclosing the drain and drain rock, and then another layer over the top of the whole run, with more rock on top and sand on top of that. My brother in law was a bit of a headshaker over our "overkill" french drain, but you know what, it was a darn good investment and so far no clogs, we'll see over time, but that fabric is pretty darn tough and works as a seive to keep the silt out!

Heidi-aerc#M20935 /\_/\~ http://www.synjinarts.com
~~/~~ \\~~~~ (Wildlife/Western & Equine
| \~~~~~~
| \~~~~