Re: [RC] Postive Coggins test in Chico, CA??? - Sisu West Ranch

"...EIA is spread by mosquitos.  Mosquito season is right around the corner The horse has to be quaranteed or euthanized, at least in TX...."

Best evidence I have read is it is not mosquito's but rather biting flies.  The message is quite the same:  The horse has to be kept away from other horses.

EIA tends to be slow developing and happen in pockets.  Unless the positive horse was recently imported from somewhere else, there are other positive horses in the same herd or area.

Ed

PS: I did a careful literature search a number of years ago when MN was changing it's EIA policy.  It is nothing to be ignored or swept under the rug.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640