[RC] Postive Coggins test in Chico, CA??? - Dreamweaver

There was a cross post on the message board at Bayequest.com today about a gals mare testing positive 2 x's on her coggins test. I might be wrong, but doesn't a positve test have huge implications for the rest of the CA horse population?

Horses tested positive for EIA last year in Mammoth, California.

Horses that travel within the state of California don't have to be tested for Coggins, only if they leave the state and another state requires it, and/or they leave and re-enter California.

I'm sure if more horses were tested, there would be more positive results.

Karen
in NV  (not very far from where the positive EIA horses were wintered)