[RC] camping in the rain, shelters?? - Judie Ricci

save your money and put an awning on the horse side of your trailer.,,,  after the horses were freezing and soaking at the KY Stampede in 03,   I finally convinced my hubby to agree to an awning over the horses.  they love it. they do use it , it is good shade in hot summer months,  and easy to put up,  it does scare them going up,   but we put it up before we unload them,. I was worried about them scratching and rubbing on the arm , but I have not had that problem,  I place a big water bucket beside the arm to trailer connection so they don't go in between that spot. also you can tilt your awnings in the rain and fill your water buckets!!  Depending on what state your in, prices range from $350.00 -$700.00 depending on length,   Camping world offers discontinued colors at a great discount, and sometimes has a special going for free installation,  this does not mean you don't need blankets in the freezing rain, but they have a nice cover over them , and dry hay,& nbsp;  you can anchor it safely in the wind with the screw in dog tie things and a tie down ratchet strap.

Judie Ricci
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.