[RC] Joint Supplements, legal? - Tracy Cann

My horse is getting a little more mature and I would like to put him on a glucosamine and/or chondroition (no idea how to spell all that) type supplement as a preventative measure.  Lots of pounding on the joints in endurance and all that.  However I have received mixed messages on what is a "permissible substance" (won't give a positive on a drug test) and what is not.  I'm guessing Cosequin is ok hence the "Cosequin Challenge" but I could be wrong.  I was using Cortiflex before and someone told me that was illegal.  This is very confusing.  I want to help my horse have a longer and happier career but I don't want to "mask" any pain he may have in the future due to injury.  Nor do I want to have a positive drug test or violate any AERC rules.  Any ideas??  Help.

Tracy