[RC] cute garage cats - June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf

Yep, just had to share our uneventful New Year's.....just alittle back ground....we sold our small place (15 acres) found a really nice 80 acre place.  Only problem no fencing and no barn....when the offer came in on the old place the guy gave us 3 weeks to get out.  Needless to say we boogied and got 6 pastures up; a builder who realized our situation and got 4 shelters up and working on 2 more and a plumber, electrician who got the automatic waterers in before the snows came.  The biggest problem were the 2 studs....the old guy who's pushing 29 and then the young fellow (16).  Well, the round pen makes for one nice stud pen and then the fenced in dog yard makes another.  The only problem was before we used the dog pen a friend (who just happens to live across the road) had offered a nice pasture with shelter for the old boy.  To make a long story short the old boy just didn't like not being home sooooooooooo we now have a 3 stall garage!!!!  I do mean STALL.  the old boy was depressed across the road so we made the decision to bring him home.  That's when the dog fence came into play.  All is working very nicely.  Borrowed some panels from another friend made 3 stalls in the garage for the 2 boys and the crabby preggo mare...she stands between at night and keeps the boys in line.  Anyhow, yesterday we left the boys in as both their turn outs were icey.....I have my 6 wheeler squeezed in the garage in front of the stalls ( it has an automatic opener by the shifter)....Well, I walk by our kitchen door that look out into the garage....uhm...the garage kitties must have been playing, the one door is open.....OH MY GOSH BOTH DOORS ARE OPEN AND THE OLD BOY IS GONE !!!  Well, bless Salero's heart.....he managed to walk safely down the hill to the pastures where the girls were and was just standing down there visiting nicely across the fence.  It seems the kitties had walked across the opener and set both off.....The old boy is one in a million...his personality is smart, sweet and calm....now if this would have been Tyler the young boy just don't know what would have happened...Ty is a good boy but, much more testosterone driven.  I now have placed the opener in a position that the kitties can't walk across it and I also tied ropes across the opening of the garage so if this should ever happen again I won't have any escapee.

The builders are suppose to be coming this week to get the storage shed up.  Then we'll move the stalls into that and the kitties.....and the hay that is now all over the place by friends being stored for us.  Now if the weather stays alittle more stable (pun intended) and they can get the shed up....would just make me feel alittle better to have a "barn" to put all my guys in when the snow flies in hard and nasty.  The shelters are working great but, we live close to the lake and sometimes it would be just nicer for all to be able to get totally out of the elements.    Oh if any body has the chance to put in automatic waterers...they are well worth the monies.....we had an awful cold snap and they stayed thawed and full the entire time and the horses adjusted real quick to using them ( we got the Nelson ones).

June

p.s. now ask if the kitties decided to leave the garage.....oh no...it was just too cold outside...they just sat on the 6 wheeler and watched all this going on.

Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann
Mike Bernsdorf
16706 Hilltop Rd