Re: [RC] Bob Marshall treeless endurance saddle question... - Karla Watson

I've had very good success with changing from Skito to Equipedic pad for my Bob Marshall treeless. But if I had a horse with prominant withers I would not use the BMs on them. I would try a flex type saddle.
----------Karla Watson/Oregon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Bob Marshall treeless endurance saddle question...

Bonnie, you might also want to check out the treeless discussion group too.

I am not opposed to treeless, but am seeing too many of them designed with some sort of fatal flaw.
They need to keep weight distributed, not bear on spine or withers, not have fixed, hard pommels to bind
front of shoulder, not hang stirrups over back of saddle, etc.

I I am cc.ing this to Karla also as she and I have about same years of experience in this saddle. I used them on
at least 10 different horses, with skio pads, with no problems, and I think now was somewhat in denial about any
potential problems or what I heard negative on ridecamp.  I have lots and lots of friends with them who have had very
good luck and got into sport saddle because of me!!!  I still think they are a better idea than the majority of treed saddles......