RE: [RC] [RC] Fixing Tights - Laurie Durgin

Well, you 'could' mend them. But anyway you 'mend' them will must likely rub.YOu could maybe add a lycra 'patch'.If you don't want them to rub, yoou could add it to the outside.New fashion, outside patches. hhhmmm.I have tried it. If you catch them when real tiny, it's easier. You might could fix them, but it won't look nice. Laurie

From: "Benedikte Whitman" <rallychk@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Fixing Tights
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:20:38 -0700

With all the talk of tights I thought someone may have the answer to my
question.  I have a pair of full seat tights that I love.  However, at the
seam where the "leather-like substance" is sewn on, the sewing and
non-stretch of the leather has pulled holes in the lycra.

I love the tights and this is the only problem they have.  How can I fix
them to continue for at least a little longer?
Benedikte

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm