Re: [RC] hauling horses, again - rides2far

My poor old car is wearing out, and I'll soon be in the market for a
new  vehicle.  It needs to serve double duty, as a commuter car and as
something  that can haul a horse trailer (with a horse in it!).

I usually drive a 3/4 ton truck. When my daughter turned 16 we bought her
a 92 Toyota Corolla for a first car. She drove it a year and then with
her savings plus what we thought the Toyota was worth (about $1800 at the
time) she bought a newer car. Plan was that we'd sell that old
Toyota...but guess what? I found out I could leave my truck hooked to my
trailer full time and drive that old Toyota forever on a tank of gas and
we've had very little maintenance problems. You might consider having a
compact car that's paid for. If you just get collision insurance, and
think of all the wear and tear you save on your tow vehicle...not to
mention how handy it is to be hooked up all the time, it's worth
considering. So you can list my vehicles as a 94 3/4 ton GMC 4x4 truck,
1988 2 horse steel trailer, and a 92 Toyota Corolla. Total cost for all,
probably less than your Brenderup. I can probably buy 4 tires for my
Toyota for what one of my truck tires costs, and you could probably
maintain a small car for the gas savings driving 100 miles per day.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris