Re: [RC] Conditioning for LD vs. 50 miler - moving up within season - Sundaez

In a message dated 2/27/2004 4:51:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have started, and witnessed many, horses that
started with a year or two of CTR, and/or slow LD before moving up.  Aside
from some surprise the first couple of longer rides, they all did fine.  >>

My mare didn't seem to notice any difference in a 50 from a 25. She had an attitude like "is that all you got? bring it on!" I'm hoping a 100 miler will humble her <g>...it certainly will me.

Mel