Re: [RC] Thuro-Bilt Trailers - heidi sowards

Hi Jennifer, I went to Oregon last year and looked very
thoroughly at the Thuro-bilt! There was a Trail's West
parked right next to it. Very similar price! Here's why I
went with the T-B. Both trailers were 2 horse slants, the
TW partition was not padded and was a solid partition,
while the T-B was nicely padded, had the bars so horses can
see each other but not savage anyone! The TW had an open
bus window on the rear side, the T-B has the bus window but
it comes with a removable plastic tinted window. More tie
rings on the outside of the T-B, more lights and reflectors
too. The drop down windows on the TW were smaller. The
rubber bumper on the rear seemed to be less cheaply made. I
added two options to my T-B and that was the rubber mats on
the walls and the rings for corner feeders. I bought my T-B
almost one year ago and have not regretted it one bit! It
pulls well, the horses seem to ride fine, it's roomy enough
that if I had a pony I could probably stuff it in there
with the small arabs. I did think I wanted the removable
wall between the tack area and the horses. I'm still not
sure why I think I need this, however, I could pull it out
and put another horse in backwards right there. So in a
pinch, I could haul 3 smaller horses! However, the drawback
to the removable wall is that there is a small gap that pee
from the horse side can run under into your tack area. I
cut a strip off a rubber mat and slid under that area and I
just throw the shavings a little heavy in that pee area. No
problems since. The T-B comes stock with two saddle
holders, tack hooks and 2 blanket bars. I love my T-B and
if I ever upgrade I'll go back and probably look at them
again!!!!! Oh yeah, brand new I paid $5300 and that is
adding the options I did. I got the GTplus 2-horse slant!

heidi

--- Jennifer Billings <love2tolt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are these good trailers ? Hard to find a lot of info on
them.I went to a
trailer lot and really liked them.
                            Jennifer

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and
rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd
allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete -
but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~    http://www.synjinarts.com
                ~~/~~  \\~~~~   (Wildlife/Western & Equine