Re: [RC] sigh...beet pulp - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

She doesn't believe a word of SueG's web site,

Yes.  It's true, I'm relieved the truth is finally out.  I admit it's all a
diabolical plot to murder the horses of the world.  Instead, the damn things
just keep getting healthier and friskier.

Is there any truth to these allegations?

Do you really need to ask?  Of course not.  There will always people who
take the easy road of basing opinions on drama and hysterics rather than
science and hard data.  She's not the first, but at least she's in the
minority.

What do you say to people like that?

Pat them on the head, smile kindly and quietly suggest that they talk to
their therapist about upping the dosage of meds.

Forgive the impatience with this sort of ignorant nonsense (talking re the
detractor, not you folks)..  I become increasingly frustrated with
"authorities" that have more interest in garnering attention through volume
and hysteria than in the welfare of the horse via clinical research.  Brings
to mind the phrase 'often wrong but never in doubt'.

See y'all in Reno tomorrow.  Change in schedule, I'll be talking about carbs
versus fats on Friday, and basic nutrition tools on Saturday.  If you're
attending the NATRC convention, I'll be talking to them about supplements on
Saturday around noon.

Susan G

SUSAN E. GARLINGHOUSE, DVM
Michael S. Peralez, DVM & Associates
1005 North Santa Anita Drive
Arcadia, California 91006
(626) 446-8911
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance