Re: [RC] fearless riders - rides2far

Seeing that it snowed here in SC
last night, resulting in a great upheaval in the social system,

Isn't it great to be Southern when they predict snow? As a teacher,
there's nothing like waking up to hear the radio guy say "no school".
It's not that we're worried we can't get the kids to school. It's that
we're terrified we'll get stuck with them! And to anyone out there who
gripes when we call school at the first hint of snow...hey, we started
AUGUST 6 just so we could do just that!

I propose > that only people younger than the age of 40 should apply for
the
team to go to the World Equestrian Games. It is a proven fact that
the older generation just cannot "hack it" competing aganist the
younger riders.

Now Buddy, quit making excuses for yourself. >g< I can tell you that at
age 41 in VT. I was one of the youngest on USA-East and the oldest were
all up front! My experience says that females tend to outnumber males in
competition, and females age 20-35 are often tied up with being moms are
getting a decent job with a little time off and money to travel. The
older you get the more likely you are to have time to condition and the
finances to do so. Knee pain is nothing compared to the pain of getting a
sitter for your small children every time you need to condition a horse
or leave for days or weeks? at a time.  I was 40 before I even had an
*interest* in International. Way too busy before that.

Angie

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance