From: "Nell Lindquist" <frazer1017@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:00 AM
Subject: [RC] New WNV vaccine

Here's something else to throw into the vaccine
discussion:
   I work at Texas A&M University, and my
"contacts" here at the College
of Veterinary Medicine have informed me that there
is a new West Nile
vaccine, put out by Merial. According to my vet
researcher friend (AND
PLEASE NOTE, this is strictly her OPINION after
looking at the data), this
new vaccine looks to be superior to the existing
Ft. Dodge WNV vaccine.
Merial has taken the time to conduct extensive
testing, including
challenge tests, on their WNV vaccine. The testing
on pregnant mares is
still not complete, however.
  Very importantly for those of us with year-round
mosquito problems, it
looks like this one is truly a "once a year"
vaccine, whereas we have to
give the Ft. Dodge vaccine twice a year.

Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you
want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to
a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance
thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton