[RC] gene glasscock-saddle needed - Ed Kilpatrick

hi paddi,  i got a chance to visit with gene for a couple of hours one night as he was on his way through the florida panhandle.  we shared some good laughs and stories.
as for the saddle,  bighorn western saddles should fit the bill.  they are lightweight, comfortable and you dont need someone to co-sign a note in order to buy one!  :-) you can get all leather, or leather/synthetic.  i  have had mine for five years now, dont know how many miles i have put on it, and it is in great shape even though i abuse it.  our outfitter on the pack trip out west uses bighorn saddles.  he said he bought a dozen of them about 8 years ago and they are still in good shape.  he said if they ever do wear out, he will get more of the same.  his were the leather with synthetic fenders and skirting.  he shouldnt have any problems with the fit on his horses either.  i know he is riding the walking horses now, but plans to switch to mustangs later on, so the saddle should be ok for either of them.     ed