[RC] Dallas, Texas Farrier, info needed - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: lilly lillym500@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I looked in the search but could not find what I was looking for.

I am wanting to start LD rides and I see some of the places suggest shoes for
you horse. plus if this is the case I need to start training with shoes also.

Althought I have a wonderful farrier in balancing basic barefoot trim.I have
them done every 7 weeks and have been happy with his work as far as the balance.

 However, there is one area Im not so sure about in his ability or
expertise..He keeps telling me he shoes cold.. and not the hot shoes. His idea
is as long as the horses shoes stay on then they are fine.. I am not a expert
on this area and would like to talk to someone that works with more endurance
horses and shoes for this area of work.

Common sense tells me that its can't be just that easy as slapping on a pair of
iron shoes and ride away. Its not that easy going into a store and buying a
pair of shoes for myself.. Or am I'm totally wrong??

Anyone in the Dallas area or east Texas area that has a great farrier that
works on their endurance horses? Or any one out there have a opinion of what
kind of shoes are better or opinion on the hot shoeing or cold shoeing.. ( may
have these terms wrong)

also looking for a buddy to ride with  for LD training =)

e-mail: lillym500@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt