[RC] Saddle - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Debra Fisk Debra.J.Fisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I need advice...I have a very wide 15 hand Arab no withers.  I've been riding
in a Frank Baines endurance saddle, have Wintec Pro and a Stuebben Siegfried as
well as Passier A/P all are wide.  I've tried every pad including sheepskin
with these saddles.  I am not finding any rubs, however, I am seeing light
white hairs starting to come at his withers on both sides.  This is a sign to
me that the saddle isn't fitting properly.  He doesn't seem to mind and doesn't
seem bothered in that area either but I seem to think I might need to think
about a new saddle with a wider tree.  Suggestions on saddles or a remedy.  I
don't want to go into the season and make this worse.  I've looked at lots of
saddles so far and prefer some recommendations.  I rode this 7 yr old all last
season and put lots of miles on him.  He will be used for endurance and CTR's
in the future so he'll get lots of rides in, therefore, I need a good saddle
and he needs to be comfortable.  Gladly welcome so comments.

taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards