[RC] Putting weight on older horse - spiritwood@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Ridecampers,
I am looking for some help and have gotten great advice here in the past.
I am having trouble putting weight on an older (18 years) endurance horse.
He has a ride in 3 weeks and would like some extra weight to fall back on.
Horse is fit and only gets ridden enough to maintain this level of fitness.
He currently is eating a high fat, high fiber feed, getting more than a cup
of canola oil a day, and all the hay he can eat, free choice.  He is the
most dominant horse in the field so I know he gets all the hay he wants.
My question is: what is the best way to help this horse gain some weight?
Beet pulp?  Rice bran? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
in advance,
Becky and Bacardi

http://mail2web.com/ .

will carry you a long way on a horse.