Re: [RC] vaccines are bad.... - Amber Roberts

Agilbxr@xxxxxxx wrote:

Ok, I had my horse vaccinated on Thursday. He had the normal EWT/Rhino-flu/west nile/rabies shots that we do every spring. When I went out to ride him yesterday, I found that the vaccines had turned my Paso into a quarter horse!!! Juli and Alpine (little palomino horse with a sore neck)

I personally like to space the shots out, e.g. EWT, then rabies in a week and W. Nile in another week. I had a boarder here once give 5 shots in the same day. Her horse became very depressed, would not join the herd, would not eat, etc., and ended up with an abscess at one of the shot injection sites. It ended up very sick and she couldn't ride him for some time.

Amber

REAL endurance is dressing for 20 degrees in the AM and by noon its 85
degrees!
~ Heidi Sowards