Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1117 Presidents Cup/America...used to be apower - Laurie Durgin

Good for her!!!
Speaking of horse movies, did you ever see "Thunderhead"? Not very well known. It was a sequel to "My Friend Flicka"??Crazy white colt, part mustang, gets tamed and wins race?

From: John Teeter <johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1117 Presidents Cup/America...used to be a power
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:04:44 -0700

At 04:49 PM 2/21/2004, Laurie Durgin wrote:

I think its the 'movies'. "National Velvet", "The Black Stallion", "Misty"."My Friend Flicka".
The theme: little nobody has crazy horse .Everyone says "you can't". They love and train horse, they overcome all odds, and beat the 'big guys' at their own game. Then they come home and live happily ever after with 'the horse of their dreams ' in their back yard.
Must be part of that American Dream. Laurie

Steph was lucky enough to have taken an unlikely Orlov (thank you Lari Shea) through the dream. Riding through the castle at sunset.... She proudly represented the US, finishing (although Krusty was hesitant to cross the finish line:). It can happen and no one should think it beyond their reach if they have the passion!

Good luck to our 2004 US squad!! They will do us proud. They may have good luck. They may have bad luck. But they'll do their best by themselves and their horses I'm sure!!

johnt

http://www.endurance.net/WEC2000/pages/X3B6_007.htm (yes, that's a castle in the background!! Pretty much a fairytale ride!!)

(p.s. during our stay with Jackie Bumgardner this month, we've watched National Velvet, The Black Stallion, Sea Biscuit (two versions), A bunch of early John Wayne movies, Silverado, .... I'm ready for a few technoThrillers....) although we've not yet watched Black Beauty.....I've been dumpster diving in the walmart cheap dvr bin:)

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want. ~  Homer Safferwiffle

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200365ave/direct/01/

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris