[RC] Stall Bedding Options - Val Nicoson

My mare is boarded privately and it is about time that
I add more bedding to her stall.  Although she is
basically pasture boarded, she is brought in when it
is raining due to the dreaded rain rot :-(  as well as
for other reasons now and then too.
I've experienced straw bedding and that is NOT an
option...for anyone (read:  YUCK)...hey, I once knew a
lady that used it.  Wood shavings have been a decent
option and so far I have liked this option.  Packaged
woodchip-type shavings have been OK but I find it a
hassle when picking thru it without alot of waste as a
friened uses this option.
I am considering getting some PDZ pellets or other
type of pelletized bedding.  I want something that is
easy to sift through for cleaning the stall as well as
something to help with the wet spots to keep absorb
and reduce the odor.
Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?  Have
not used pelletized bedding before so don't know how
good it is or isn't.
Thanks for your suggestions...
Val + Sania who likes to roll in woodchip bedding (the
store bought package kind)