[RC] confusion - Ashlee Wakeman

I just want to know if lateral flexion is the same as
moving the hip.  i assume it is.  also, i was
wondering if moving the hip is then the step before
making a "one-rein stop", and on top of all that, how
exactly do you know if the horse is moving his hip?
Furthermore, when you release your leg and rein to you
knee when the horse softens, do you let them go
straight again until you try it again?

Thanks...I'm just trying to comprehened all of this
fundamental training!
Ashlee