Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1117 Presidents Cup/America...used to be a power - Chipnml

You always voice what I am thinking, only so much more eloquently.  Have you ever published?  Everyone on Ridecamp would buy a book of your essays.  When I read the news about a 7.5 hour 100 miler, I try to get excited about it, but find myself sad for reasons I cannot voice.  I have seen how big bucks corrupt other aspects of the horse industry, and am depressed to see it leak over to endurance.  When money and winning become the most important aspect of any horse sport, the loser is the horse, and ultimately those of us who love them and the sport.  Makes me think of lost innocence.  Well, I have to go to my Minnesota Distance Riders Association banquet and get my award for being top ten in this great state.  It's probably the only award I can look forward to, and frankly, I'm happy with being a little spash in a little pond.

Chip and SA Cheers (who will never be a great horse except in his owner's eye)