[RC] Longevity Team Horse Breakdown - DreamWeaver

Thanks to Kathy Kelly for helping me look this info up and get it all together! Should we all be riding a 14.3 hh grey Arabian gelding with size 1 shoes? <g> I found it interesting when Bob sent me a list of some of the longest lasting horses in the sport (longest=20 years, Slam The Book, a Quarter Horse--a grey gelding) and saw that at or near the top of the list were 2 Quarter Horses (2nd one a mare--chestnut). The colors and other stuff break down very similarly to what is below for those horses (the ones that have lasted 15 or more years). The only other thing I noticed is that among the chestnut horses, while few in number, they tend to have a higher than average mileage accumulation---all of the 15+ ones and up are over 5000 miles. The other colors are mixed up in that regard. Oh but wait, I'm rambling, and I know none of this really means that much, I'm just partial to chestnuts :+>. I never realized before that there were so many greys!

Stats of 53 horses who have lasted a full decade (10 years of 50 mile and up AERC competition) with the same partner.

By Color:
1 Black
1 Paint
8 Chestnut
16 Bay (inclues one Appy)
27 Grey

By Breed:
1 Appy
2 Grade
2 Morgan
7 Arab Crosses
41 Arabs

By Sex:
3 Stallions
5 Mares
45 Geldings

By Shoe Size: (front)
1 between size 0/00
3 between size 0/1
15 Size 0
20 Size 1
3 size 2
1 size 3
10 unknown

By Height:
9 unknown
3   14.1
4   14.2
9   14.3
9   15.0
8   15.1
5   15.2
2   15.3
1   16.0
1   16.1
1   17.0

Age of first ride: (for some, it was CTR)

Age # horses

4      4
5    13
6    14
7     6
8     5
12   1
rest unknown

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano