RE: [RC] President's Cup - Carol

I just want to say thank you to Steph and John for taking time out of their busy days to keep all of us informed. I'm a relative newbie and all of this international racing was just fascinating to me. Obviously the people with the most wealth can afford the best horses. But I still think if one takes these Arabs that were basically trained to be flatout racehorses at an elevation of 0m to 1,527m in Abu Dhabi and ask them to negotiate canyons, ridges of 9,000 ft., swing bridges and rivers, it would be a different story. These horses are so mentally used to going fast they would probably break a leg going over Cougar rock because they don't know how to go slow through technical areas. It takes more than speed to negotiate Tevis. That's why they have never won Tevis.
Carol