Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] President's Cup - SandyDSA

I just thought for a moment about this comment - each to his own I guess, but I considered that this doesn't really matter to me in the general scheme of what we should be at the head of the class inetrnationally. SO many of us actually want to do what we do, whatever it is, for the sheer joy, pleasure and companionship, which by its nature, excludes activities pursued for primarily money, power or prestige. That said, as many have said, we are "just a bunch of cowboys", and I for one don't mind that label. Not everything should be about money, power or winning. As one rather confused peer of my husband's stated "winning solves all problems" - but my husband's retort is that is solves SOME problems and creates a whole bunch of new ones.
Yes America used to be a world power in endurance but you have to have
tangible results to make people believe this is still so.