[RC] Horse Welfare Committee -- Laurie Underwood - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laurie A. Underwood jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The data chart put together by the Committee indicates that a Peruvian Paso was
euthanized 1-2 weeks after going 12 miles on what appears to have been the
horse's first ride.  The chart notes that the horse tied up 1 week later.  I
have a horse who ties up if the right precautions aren't taken (and it's taken
awhile to figure all of that out), and when it has happened to her, it's always
been as a result of exercise.  I didn't know that horses could tie up without
being exercised, but the notations in the chart seem to indicate that this
might be the case.  Susan or Heidi, could you please illuminate me on this?

Thanks.

Laurie Underwood

will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano