From: "Laura Hayes" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Welfare Committee Data
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:19:42 -0500

Interestingly, after all the hullabaloo a year ago about AERC not addressing, not tracking and not caring about horse deaths, the 'less than a year old' welfare committee has published a chart of horse deaths in 2003 and there has been two whole posts regarding the information.

What gives? Are there no thoughts regarding the information? Those who were sure it was seasoned riders killing horses, those who were sure it was new riders, and those who were just sure, are all silent now? Did I miss something?

Also published in EN this month (on line if you haven't gotten it yet) is a case study of the Adios PAC death. Any comments? The committee has worked hard and spent many hours....anyone out there care to comment???

Laura Hayes AERC#2741

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue. Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether. The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it. ~ Heidi Smith