[RC] "When you discover that you are riding a dead horse..." - A. Perez

Given the recurrent thread on horse deaths, I don't suppose this
is all that off-topic:

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from
generation to  generation, says that, "When you discover that
you are riding a dead horse, the best  strategy is to dismount."
However, in modern government, a whole range of far
more advanced strategies are often employed such as:

1. Buying a stronger whip.

2. Changing Riders.

3. Threatening the horse with termination.

4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

5. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other
cultures ride dead
horses.

6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

7. Reclassifying the dead horse as "living impaired."

8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

9. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase the
speed.

10. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase
the dead horse's
performance.

11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would
improve the
dead horse's performance.

12. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed,
it is less
costly, carries lower overhead, and therefore contributes
substantially more to
the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.

13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all
horses.

14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM