From: Ashley Wakeman <lang_girl@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   One-rein stops
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:24:15 -0800 (PST)

I was just wondering how to exactly execute a one-rein
stop, and if one-rein stops are meant as "safety
braking" for bolting, bucking, etc.?  I have tried
what I consider to be a one-rein stop on my horse and
he definitely responds better to me than if I just
close my hands on both reins.

Ashlee

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide. http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris