Re: [RC] buying endurance horses over the Internet....thoughts and questions. - Susan Brehm

I bought both of my horses from ads on endurance.net.  They both were exactly as advertised.  But I went and looked at both before purchasing (9 hour drive for one and 12 hours for the other, each way).  Height is important to me, I like riding tall horses.  It's also one area that is consistently misrepresented.  One time I drove 2 hours to see a 15.2 hand mare that turned out to be 14.2, maybe.  I was irritated and glad I hadn't driven further.  I believe that if height is important you must go look at the horse before you commit to buy.  I don't know why so many horse people can't properly use a measuring stick, but it's a fact of life.  But it goes for just about any quality of a horse, you just need to see it for yourself if it's important.  I probably wouldn't buy a horse sight unseen, even with videos.  Except maybe from a few select friends who I trust.
About your friend, I'd say she's stuck with a small horse.  :-/
Susan Brehm