[RC] Solar light - Julie Fuller

Thanks to all who responded! But, I have to come clean now, so I can better explain *wry grin*

I raise turkeys. Smart ones. Rare Heritage Turkeys, to be exact. And the two breeding pairs I have have decided their house is too scarey to go into at night! They hunker outside, in the worst weather imaginable, though they have a beautful little 8x10 house!

My first thought was to put windows in..... but that didn't work. So now I want to get a little "night light" for their house.

I don't want to run power out there..... We have no power anywhere but the house, and I consider myself lucky to have that! (If you saw our little tiny 130 year old house, you'd think it didn't have running water, let alone power!)

We use kerosene lanterns in all the outbuildings, and I guess I could do that for the turkeys, but then I'd have to remember to light it at night, and blow it out in the morning. *grin* And I can't for the life of me figure out how to put the lantern on a timer, or attach a light sensor to it! *giggle* (I've also asked my husband to figure out a way to run my computer on propane, for those times when the power is out)

So, what I want is a light sensor solar light, not a motion sensor. And so far, the only ones I've seen run $250 to 450 dollars! Sheesh.... I ain't gonna be a millionaire raising turkeys!

I apologize for the off topic..... perhaps someone could tell me how to train my pony to light the lantern at night and blow it out in the morning?

Julie

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box. ~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm ~