Re: [RC] AckK!!!!! Help?!!! - DarkHorseGoddess

>>small container had Vit. B1 in it, probably a week to 10- days worth. I'm pretty sure he ate it all... is this going to cause him a problem? do I need
to call the vet? So far, he's acting pretty normal

I think Vit B1 is water soluble??  Hum...I'll call the Vet, or call the Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435, there's a $50.00 consultation fee.

Here's what I found on the net:
"B complex vitamins are a tribe of their own. Being water soluble, they are not easily stored by the body. Toxicity is pretty much unheard of; it would have to be deliberate (and would be rather expensive as well).

The first of the lot is Thiamine (vitamin B1) a white crystalline substance containing a free amino group that can react with acids to form a salt. Thiamine hydrochloride, the salt form used in medicine, is more soluble than pure thiamine itself. It is the product of a reaction of thiamine in its natural state reacting with hydrochloric acid, the same acid found in the stomach. It is destroyed by moist heat, but stable to heat when dry. Thus, it may be killed in some pelleting processes but still be listed on the label. Sellers don't have to say whether the ingredients are really active or not."

Guess, if it was my horse, I'll spend the dime and call my Vet.  Raven