Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1086 jack russels - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

I have about 12 Rat Terriers in various locations around Egypt. Some of them are a working pack in a grain silo and some of them mostly keep my bed from floating away at night. My first bitch had a litter of 3 pups when she arrived (we'd imported her pregnant) and two of these went to Alexandria to work. One of the pups was beautiful but afraid of rats so he was neutered and has spent his life as a useless thing of beauty, although he jumps so high I've had offers to breed mares to him...I always have to turn them down regretfully. Another of the original pups was one of those short-legged JR types and he never learned not to mess with the boss dog down in Alexandria. It was literally the death of him one day. I have his daughter who shares his feisty temperament and utter lack of judgement. Pixel isn't allowed to go to the paddocks anymore because she decided that she has the right to bark at the boss mare...a bad career move. Dory is a pretty reasonable mare but she doesn't believe that dogs have the right of way.

The rest of the pack are the bigger, longer legged variety and somehow seem to have more sense, though if they have a whippet body shape they are utter cowards like beautiful Geo and Pixel's sister Misu.

One of the joys of breeding Rat Terriers is never knowing what you will get in the litter.

Maryanne
Cairo