[RC] Torsion saddle/special buckles - Lori Bertolucci

I ride a Torsion...took a while to get used to it after my much loved Reactor Panel. (unfortunately my horse didn't like it!)
Take your saddle to a saddle maker and have him/her take a beveler to the billets. This will take some of the width out of them, without compromising the integrety of the leather, and making the billets easier to pull thru the buckles.

And as far as liking my Torsion, I have come to love the way I fit it and it fits my horse. The only thing I can see as a problem is mounting. I rode the first half of Firemountain 30 in a crooked saddle, unable to get it straightened back up after mounting from the ground. The neoprene girth held it too tight. Was able to straighten it at the water/vet check for the 75 milers and finished the ride in a straight saddle. With credit to the saddle, Gambler received all A's on his back for the whole ride. This on a horse that had serious back issues when I got him.
I have since purchased a step for mounting at the beginning of rides.

Lori B.