From: sally reid
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 6:39 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] naming baby

I agree with the importance of names and naming. this year I will have 4 to name.  1 Arab, one TB, and 2 Connemaras. The right name will come.. and trust it too. I accidently named an Arab filly seconds after birth "widget" because she was a wiggle worm. Her papers say "Jewel's Image" but her name is Widget. I sold her and her new owner calls her Widget too.
Also, the wrong name seems to affect the horse too: I bought a mare named Sweet Tater Fly. She hated being called "sweetie" One day "Veronica" came out of my mouth..... she has been much happier since the name change. she seems to like being called "Ronnie"
Sally