Re: [RC] Pay Pal, eBay, credit cards - Marv Walker

I have used Pay Pal in my saddle business for quite some time now, I have had no problems at all. It is easy for my customers, and a great deal for us both.

Ditto.

I have sold thousands of my horse videos and the huge majority
of them have been PayPal sales with nary a bit of trouble that
wasn't my own causing.

When the cretins just started sending PayPal or eBay spoofs
I had just made some changes to one of the accounts and
when the email said, "Your account has a problem, go here
and do this," I did figuring it was something I had done.

My PayPal account was drained and my checking account
was WAY overdrawn.  Took me two weeks of affidavits and
general stuff but everything was put back.

I was at my wit's end trying to figure out what had happened
and a couple weeks after it was all straightened out I got
another spoof and figured the same thing and began filling it
out.  As I answered and muttered it occurred to me something
wasn't quite right.  I did a "View Source" on the page I was
directed to by the email and noticed the form return was
going to a non-PayPal address.

Now if I get any email with either PayPal or eBay kogos in it
asking for ANY response, I forward them to  their spoof
addresses, spoof@xxxxxxxxxx or spoof@xxxxxxxxx I
even send their own mail to spoof@.

People generally do not consider PayPal balances or credit
cards to be actual money and they spend them both more
freely.  To avoid either as a vendor severely limits sales.  As
a consumer they are both major conveniences.

Marv "If cretins would only use their evil powers for good..." Walker
Horse and other stuff: http://MarvWalker.com/ebay.htm