[RC] mares - Nancy Reed

I just have to share my mare story.  Lyric is a 5 year old Bask/Profire purebred Arab mare.  She loves my daughter and tolerates me.  This week daughter Danielle has taught herself to mount Lyric bareback without a wall or block.  I call it the Indian style mount.  Kevin Costner does it in Dances with Wolfs.  Lyric has stood rock still for hours as Danielle practices the mount.  Lyric even tolerates missed mounts.  This means Danielle kicks her in the flank as she did not get her leg up high enough.   But Lyric stands still and tolerates it, must be love!

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, California

PS still singing the “no saddle fits blues.”