[RC] Fw: [AERC-Members] AERC LD rule change - Dot Wiggins

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: [AERC-Members] AERC LD rule change

On the other hand, riders were racing LD rides long before they were even recognized by AERC

Very true,  and the "Pulse down" to finish did help to make things more sensible for LD distances.

and a LD BC was being awarded.  In principal, I agree; in practice, I believe some riders will race just for the thrill of it.

And how is this different from 50 mile rides?

We can have all kinds of different goals, whatever distance we ride.  Lots of 50 mile, and up, riders ride to finish.  Lots ride to race.
LD riders should be able to do it either way also, as long as the horses are "fit to continue".

Barbara