[RC] understanding mares - Kathie Ford

These are nice and interesting posts.  I happen to have six of them and not on purpose. They just happened to come along that way into my life one at a time.

I love them all.  I think I've written about them before.  Each mare has her own special qualities and I don't feel I have a problem with any of them.  With the exception of one who has discovered "love" with my neighbors newer gelding.  She does her female thing and even seems to look at him with this starry eyed look, like "come here handsome!"  but he just ignores her...and is a gentlemen!  Her riding behavior is normal thank goodness and I can easily turn her away from him.  She's just in love!  They all have lots of "heart" too.

The others have been very managable around other horses too.  My daughter and I          rode two of our older mares with one on each side of my friends NSH stallion.  All three behaved beautifully.

For six of them living in a pasture they get along pretty well too.

I found the self-preservation issues very interesting.  Now that I've read these posts I can also see these qualities too.

Very interesting to read about.

Thanks!

kathie

Get more from the Web FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com