From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jim & Drin Becker
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 12:16 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Scratches

"
> Does anyone out there have a wonder cure for Scratches.  I am using
Shapleys MTG from Jeffers.  Seems to be helping but would like a faster =
cure
for this nasty stuff.  I have tried Micro Tek and Destin before and it =
does
not seem to help any better.  Help!

All of my riding horses have been prone to scratches unfortunately , probably because they are kept in an irrigated pasture that also contains clover :-) Every one of my horses responds differently , what works like a miracle on one won't begin to heal the other . One horse Trail Rites magical cream worked great , another was a 50/50 solution of penicillin and DMSO , my current horse Micro Tek is the cure . All I know for sure are that they are a huge pain to treat no matter what . What I would like to hear from you guys is what do you put on your horse at a ride or at home to prevent getting them ? It seems like destin would tend to keep the dirt and sand on the area instead of protecting it or am I wrong about that ?
                     Drin Becker
                     Mtn Region

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.