[RC] amount of water - Marlene Moss

For our old trailer, which had plenty of room in the rear tack (also had a mid tack) we put a 55 gallon barrel in there.  We used that only for the 2 horses and this was primarily when we were doing 2 day CTRs, so 3 nights of camping.  We usually ran out of water before we finished cleaning the horses so had to haul a bit for the last few hours of drinking.  We always carried our drinking water in a 10 gallon cooler, plus started with about 6 filled water bottles and 8 gatorades.

Our new trailer only has a rear tack, but it has living quarters.  The LQ has a 30 gallon tank which is more than enough for our drinking and a shower or 2, but obviously not enough for the horses.  So I’ve been looking at all these tanks that people are finding.  We’d have to build a rack to put something on the top of the trailer – which would be nice for hay hauling as well, plus you have gravity on your side for running the water.

But I like the look of that tank for the truck and gooseneck set up!

We want to do more multidays this year, so maybe we’ll look for 2 options!

Marlene