[RC] Preriding Tevis trail - Beth Bliss

I am currently on the list to ride in the Tevis race and very excited to be looking toward that goal.

My question is how should I go about preriding some of the trail?  I live in Southern Oregon.  I see they have a fun ride in May, and was wondering if that is a good time to meet some folks and check it out.  Can I rent stalls in Auburn and spend a few days?  The Tevis site recommends preriding about 3 weeks prior to the ride.  Is that a better time than in May?

Also, is arriving on Thursday evening before the ride an O.K. time to get there?  Since I haven't seen the park, I wondered about the space issues with that many people.

Lastly, if it is already difficult to go to sleep at night because of consuming thoughts of the competition, how does one sleep the night before the ride?

Here's hoping my horse and I stay sound till then,

Beth Bliss (certified crazy and out of my league per husband) and Corduroy Knickers (1/2 Arab, 1/2 Mustang).