Re: [RC] horse old enough? - Jon . Linderman

Deb,

If you are talking about our local (OAATS) rule it is as states:

? 1.0 ELIGIBILITY
1.10? Entries are open to stallions, mares and geldings suitable and in
condition for riding uses.? Equines must be at least 48 months of age for
all rides 35 miles or less, at least 60 months of age for all rides over 35
miles and all multi-day rides regardless of the number of miles covered
each day.? The Ride Manager or Head Veterinary Judge may request a copy of
the animal's registration papers to verify the animal's age.? In the case
of an unregistered entry, the Head Veterinary Judge may use his/her
discretion.? His/her decision cannot be overruled.

Pretty sure the arab national CTR  which will be here this year has a
similar age minimum, but couldn't find it as quickly on the web.  Maybe the
UMECRA people can tell you what there rules are if you go up to MI, etc for
their rides.

Jon

                     DAldr94141@xxxxxxx
                     Sent by:                     To:
Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                     ridecamp-owner@xxxxxx        cc:
                     durance.net                  Subject:  [RC]   horse old
enough?

                     02/01/2004 08:23 PM

   Hi everyone. I have a question. How old (how many months I suppose)
does a horse have to be to be able to compete in a CTR? Thanks.

Deb