Re: [RC] Weight division question answer - Michael Maul

David LeBlanc wrote:

Michael Maul said:

Let's say you were a MW and then lost weight do you change to a LW?

If you are a HW on June 1 and lose 100 lbs - all your results for the rest of the season will still be entered as HW.

That doesn't seem fair. I also don't see anything about it in the rules. How
did we arrive at this method?

*** It isn't a rule thing so far as I know. it's a policy set sometime ago by the BoD and the office.

Another thing I'm curious about - my region is based on where I live.

*** Up to June 1 it is. Your region for points determination is where you were living as of June 1 if you have notified the AERC office of any changes before June 1.
If I
do all my rides in another region, how would that be handled?

**** There is no problem with this. The #1 and #2 national mileage chanpions do most or many of their miles outside their region. You get points or miles based on your region but can do those rides anywhere in the country. A number of other solutions have been considered but this is the fairest of the ones considered.
What about
people who live in more than one place?

**** They can receive their EN at one address and be in another region for points if they moved after June 1. In general - they are supposed to receive their EN in the region where their points are calculated. There are some special cases where preople have two homes but they have to chose one of them for points determination. The intent is to avoid people chosing the region they would like to compete in for awards and yet live in another region.

Neither of these are problems for me, just curious.