RE: [RC] Fence Cutting and Losing Access to Trails -- Laurie Underwood - David LeBlanc

The gentleman who allows us access has been
cursed out by "day riders" because he requested that they
pick up their trash, not drink beer on his premises and not
canter their horses through the parking area because his
riding arena is very close to the parking area which he
allows us to use for free.  The water was left running one
too many times, so the owner disabled the well. Our group
routinely picks up trash left behind by those too lazy to
pick up after themselves.  We scatter manure and pick up hay.
 We save our cantering for the trails.  We do everything we
know to do to keep the owners happy.  But I suspect that one
day someone will push too hard and too far, and we'll lose
the parking .  . . and ergo, we'll lose access to all of
those miles of lovely trails.

I'll tell you what might help solve the problem - make it a club. Dues could
be very little - maybe $10. Biggest point is that you only get to park if
you're in the club, and if you irritate the owner, you're out of the club.
There's probably a bunch of legalities I don't know about and which ought to
be investigated, but this might save your parking area. There's an area up
here that works about like this - a locked gate and a very small fee does
tend to keep the yahoos out.