From: Sundaez@xxxxxxx
To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   weight devision question
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:12:16 EST

How does one get an accurate weight of what division they are in? Does the
weight include loaded packs, water, saddle, bridle, etc? Is there any allowance
if you are on the borderline of a weight division? Can you change weight
divisions at a ride? Let's say you were a MW and then lost weight do you change to
a LW? Obviously it is advantages to be a light middle weight if you are going
for points or whatever, but what about the everyday rider who finishes at the
back. Does it really matter?

What is the average weight of a middle weight sans tack...a lightweight, etc.

I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I am a lightweight but by the
time I load down my saddle it must add 30 pounds with everything.

thanks...and always grateful for ridecamp,

Mel and Tess

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software ? optimizes dial-up to the max! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1