[RC] Bob Marshall saddle - rene . acker

Good morning, Jackie!  I did read a testimonial or two about the BMTS that
said the same thing about slippage during mounting.  I believe both of
those also said they changed the girth and it helped.  I won't know until I
get my saddle, which is on order.  But I'm already planning on changing the
girth for that very reason.  I have appaloosa's (stock type), and I ride a
3 yo gelding and am getting ready to start my 2 yo filly.  She has a wide,
short back, while my gelding is a little longer and narrower, so one of my
primary concerns was that whatever saddle I ended up buying would probably
not fit both horses.  I understand that should not be a problem with a
BMTS.  Then, of course, there's the issue of feel and contact.  I have
become weary of the heaviness and stiffness of my western saddles.  They're
great for certain events, but not really pleasure riding.  Not if you love
horses and want them to be as comfortable as possible, you know?  Thanks
for responding, and Happy New Year!!!

Rene' Acker
AmSouth Bank
Mortgage Banking/Alt-D
RCN-3, BH-4361, Hoover, AL
Phone:  205-560-7870  /  Fax:  205-560-6378

                     "Jackie Caudill"

                     <jacaudill@hotma         To:      rene.acker@xxxxxxxxxxx

                     il.com>                  cc:

                                              Subject: Bob Marshall saddle

                     12/22/2004 05:32

                     PM

Hi Rene,
I have a BMSS, and I think you'll find several people on ridecamp do as
well. People either love or hate them! It helped my Arab gelding stride out

much better, and as he was young & spooky, I liked the feel underneath me-I

could feel him tensing before he spooked/spun/bolted so was better able to
correct/stay on.Main complaints I hear are that some people have a hard
time
mounting from ground without the saddle slipping and it is long-if your
horse is short backed, probabaly won't work. I thought it was very
comfortable and so did my horse!
I am in middle TN, hoping to get to my 1st ride this coming year. Hope to
see you at a ride soon.
Feel free to contact me with any other questions.
Jackie